The Spiral 2 programme builds upon the significant achievements of Spiral 1 by:
- Expanding the scope of the experimental Mission System to include stores management, sensors and functions not yet investigated in the context of open, component oriented, service oriented architectures.
- Introducing studies and experiments to investigate the early exploitation of emerging AMS DE-RISC approaches, such as ECOA, on legacy platforms such as Typhoon, Wildcat and Watchkeeper.
- Developing and maturing the Reference Architecture as instantiated in Pyramid, by integrating specific mission system components, developed by the partners, with the Pyramid core mission system.
- Extending the demonstration realm into potential flying and/or live demonstrations, targeted at a Joint Warrior exercise.
- Further developing the scope and extent of the laboratory infrastructure available to AMS DE-RISC, moving towards a National Mission System Integration Laboratory.
- Provision of a proving ground, and exploitation route for AISM and ASUR research; vetting, focusing and providing requirements for emerging candidate technologies.
- Watchkeeper Technology Transition Lab Feasibility Study
- Autonomy Authorisation Framework Study
- Next Generation Communications Modelling
- Application of highly dynamic mission systems
- Multiple Source Data Planning & Mission Execution Service Integration
- Multi-UAV Control Station for Multiple UAVs
- Autonomous Intelligent Sensor Management Prototype Software
- Plug and Play ESM
- Future Weapon System Architecture
- High Integrity GPS Denied Navigation
- Data Recorder
- Multiple Intelligence Data Storage and Exploitation
- Flexible and adaptable health monitoring
- Survivability for the UAS Platform
- PERFECTA Integration in the UAS platform Mission System
- Future Anti-Surface Guided Weapon (FASGW) Generic Architecture for Integration on legacy and Advanced Platforms
- ECOA Exploitation
- FACE ECOA Alignment
- Highly dynamic processing capability
- Use of ECOA on Legacy Systems
- PERFECTA and Pyramid Amalgamation for use in a UAS platform Mission System
ECOA Phase 2 UK Only Support
Low TRL Technology Pull Through
- Intelligent Video Codec – Roke Manor
- Integration of different sources of Intelligence – Envitia
- Picture Quality Metadata Extraction – QinetiQ
- ECOA Based Data Recorder – BAE ES
- Exercise Joint Warrior
- AMS DE-RISC Synthetic Environment (SE) Technology Demonstration
Autonomous Intelligent Sensor Management for Non-FCAS platforms
Roadmap and Technology Development Strategy
- Integration of ECOA Wrapped Technologies into Legacy Platforms
- Integration of Cognitive Multi-Platform Sensor Fusion
- Stores Management System – Safe Release from UAS
- Plug and Play EO Sensor Integration using ECOA
- Joint Terminal Attack Controller C2
- Heterogeneous Systems Integration
- Trials and Demonstration